This blog has been dead for a while, and probably will continue to be dead but my beloved Kentucky Wildcats are playing in the Final Four and I had to share some of my thoughts.
* I heard a lot of analysts talk about how poorly Ohio State and North Carolina shot the ball. I don't think this was a coincidence. Kentucky is VERY long and play pretty tough defense, especially on guards. I am very interested in the matchup of Liggins on Kemba Walker.
* Josh Harrellson has gotten all of the pub from the week and he has been praised for his play. I love Jorts, but I don't completely understand why he is getting so much praise. He left his mark on the Ohio State game with a fastball to Sullingers chest and some good offensive production. But Sullinger still scored over 20 points and grabbed 16 boards. To me it was the guards defense.
* I love Deandre Liggins, he just hits shots in the clutch and plays nasty defense.
* Brandon Knight has been streaky but that shot against Princeton and Ohio State were clutch. He is not as much of a physical freak as John Wall, but he might be a better college player.
* Terrence Jones has been M.I.A offensively but I do think he has been involving the team more. Jones need to remember to get into the post and not force anything. I expect him to have a big game against UConn.