Friday, October 22, 2010

NBA is almost here

The NBA regular season is right around the corner and I cannot wait! I have said on here a number of times that the NBA is back. There are so many story lines to follow this season and so much pairity in the NBA I think this is going to be a fun year. With no team in Cincinnati I have the luxury of being a casual NBA fan. I can't say that I have any one team that I call my favorite. Here are a few that I will be following this season:

-Indiana Pacers
The Pacers are about as close as a home team that we have in Cincinnati. They have one of the best players in the league that no one knows about in Danny Granger. Granger has that game chaning ability and is just as electic as the top stars in the league. The problem is there is not much around him.

- Oklahoma City Thunder Kevin Durant is my favorite NBA player to watch. Everything he does is incredibly smooth. He is humble, a team player, and very very good. The Thunder have a good cast of charachters that no one has ever heard of Westbrook, Sefolosha, and Krstic are all good role players on the team. I would expect the Thunder to hang around all season and have a better showing in the NBA playoffs.

- Miami Heat
Who isn't excited about watching the Miami Heat! With the much publicized addition of LeBron James and Chris Bosh, the Wade, Bosh, James combo is without a doubt the most talented group in the NBA. We have never seen a team assembled in my lifetime with such dominating players. The problem in Miami anything less than a Championship would be considered a failure. That is a lot of pressure to get through a pretty balanced league.

- Boston Celtics I typically hate all things Boston but for some reason I have always been a little bit of a Celtics fan. Since they added thier big three (Allen, Garnett, and Pierce) I have followed their team very closely. They have made some interesting off-season additions in Jermaine O'Neil and Shaquille O'Neal if they can get some good split time from the two and take some pressure off of Kendrick Perkins this team could really get back to the NBA Finals.

-Los Angeles Clippers I can remember watching the Clippers about 4 or 5 years ago (I didn't look it up) when they made the playoffs for the first time in a long time. They were scrappy, dynamic, and played really hard. I fell in love with the Clippers then. Although most if not all of those players are gone they are still an interesting team. The get Blake Griffin this season who missed all of last year with injury, they have Eric Gordon who is coming into his own and Baron Davis who stil has some gas in the tank. I think the Clippers will make the playoffs this year and I am looking forward to watching.

In addition to following these teams I am looking forward to watching John Wall (Wizards) DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings) and Patrick Patterson (Houston Rockets).

No comments: