Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A few thoughts....

* Man I love the NBA Playoffs! Anyone else watching? The Suns just looked like they were lost and dead in the water in their first two games in LA. Now they have bounced back to even the series at 2-2 after two impressive home wins. And Orlando just looked like they were going to get steamrolled by Boston. The series is a currently at 3-1 Boston, but Orlando held off elimination in Boston on Monday and now play tonight at home. A 3-2 series could get interesting.

* I am not a Dusty basher like most Reds fans. But, I don't understand why he doesn't stick with Arthur Rhodes for longer. King Arthur's numbers are outstanding, he comes in for tough batters and tough situations. But last night, why don't you stick with him to get you through the ninth? We saw it in Atlanta last week when Dusty took out Rhodes for CoCo and Cordero gave up the Grand Slam.

* It's a bit of old news now but congratulations to the Cincinnati Cyclones for winning the 2010 Kelly Cup. That makes two Kelly Cup Championships for Cincinnati in the last three years. I think a lot of the success of the Cyclones can be attributed to Chuck Webber the 33 year old head coach of the Cincinnati Cyclones. I can't pretend to be an expert on hockey coaching but the new level of success in Cincinnati with a lot of player turnover on the roster there is one common thread and that is Chuck Webber. The players really seem to respond to his style. I hope that one day Chuck gets an opportunity at a higher level but for the time being I am happy to see him in Cincinnati.

* I think the idea of having the Super Bowl in New York City is a terrible idea. I don't want to watch a Super Bowl game played in the snow or bitter cold. I understand that most of the game is played in the elements and the cold. But the Super Bowl is the true neutral environment where weather has typically not been a factor. Now this adds a whole new element to the game. Anyone else excited to see a 7-0 game in a foot of snow? If it ain't broke don't fix it Rodge, and right now it ain't broke.

1 comment:

redleg2420 said...

I am watching the NBA. Orlando has really really dissapointed me in this round. The last game they played better, but Vince Carter was still terrible. I can't figure that guy out! Orlando is the team that I try to watch most often. I just like how that team is put together. Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard and Vince Carter should make for a pretty strong force. But, Lewis has to hit his 3's and Carter has to drive the lane and hit some shots.

I have to disagree on the Super Bowl comment. I love the fact that it could be played in the weather and the elements. Aren't you an AFC North guy. Smashmouth football is supposed to be in the cold and the elements, not 72 degrees in a dome! Lets say the Super Bowl turns out to be Packers-Bengals, isn't it natural for that game to be in the cold.