I would give you a full recap of the Bengals/Dallas game but I must admit I only watched the first teamers and then retired to the pool to enjoy my vacation! Here are some thoughts from last nights pre-season matchup with the Broncos.
- I love having a Tight End! Jermaine Gresham was impressive with a few good receptions with some good yardage and a few nice blocks. Gresham will be a serious weapon for Palmer. And unlike Chase Coffman from last year, Gresham seems willing and able to block in the NFL.
- Decisions on Special Teams? Cosby, Jones, and Shipley all had great returns last night making me wonder who will win the job. The most impressive to me, Cosby, may be the odd man out with the logjam at receiver. Meanwhile kickers fighting for the spot with Dave Rayner and Mike Nuegent. Rayner missed a field goal in the first quarter and appeared to be upset with the hold from Kevin Huber. He rallied to hit FG's from 36, 27, 31, and 26. Neugent meanwhile hit 2 extra points.
- Carson Palmer looked very crisp last night. Palmer was 12/15 for 105 yards. One of those incompletions was a dropped T.O. pass.
- Jordan Shipley continues to impress after catching 5 passes for 50 yards. Shipley should get a lot of looks in the slot this season with Ochocinco and Owens on the outside.
- Kyle Cook went down with an injury early in the game but should return to practice in a couple of days. The good news, seventh round pick Reggie Stephens stepped into the role at center and did a very good job filling in for Cook.