Friday, July 9, 2010

News and Notes

* I don't know what I think of the LeBron James special last night. I was very excited to watch, and I couldn't wait to find out. But when the interview started I thought it was just bad. The interview was awkward. LeBron was awkward. And why did he choose Greenwich, CT one of the most affluent towns in America? I think LeBron came out looking bad in the end. But all will be forgotten when the NBA tips off.

* Joey Votto should have been voted into the All-Star game the first go-round. I don't understand why Red's fans were so upset. I agree he deserved it but at the same rate I didn't get online and vote until the "Last Man In." Did you expect Charlie Manuel to pass over his guy? Not a chance. And I love the fact that the National Media wants to talk about how Cincinnati can stuff the ballot box based on the All-Star game in 1957! Come on guys, you can do better than that.

* If the Miami Heat do not win a Championship this season it will be considered a disappointment, that is a lot of pressure. But in Wade I trust, he will prove to be the key.

* The Reds will be in a dog fight for the rest of the year, and I don't think they will do it with Cliff Lee. My money is on the Twins. If the Reds could give up Alonso and Mesarasco I would do it in a heartbeat. But I am sure that Seattle will want a young arm. If they ship off Travis Wood I will be disappointed. Teams are built in the minor league and if you can manufacture talent you can become a perennial powerhouse. At the same rate we have a lot of talented pitchers, thats not a bad problem to have.

No comments: