Former Bengal Cornerback Comes Back
* The Bengals have placed defensive Tackle Pat Sims on injured reserve. Sims broke his forearm in the ugly 37-0 game in New York last week. And to replace him on the roster the Bengals have signed cornerback Keiwan Ratliff. Ratliff most recently played with Pittsburgh this season but was waived around Thanksgiving.
Chris Henry's Fiance speaks to ESPN
* Chris Henry's fiance Loleini Tonga recently conducted an interview with ESPN that will air on Outside the Lines on Sunday. During the interview Tonga discusses the scene involving the truck. This should be an interesting interview so be sure to set the DVR's to check it out. I am curious to hear what her side of the story is, it may shed some light on a bizzare and tragic situation.
Bearcats fall to #23 Pitt
* The Cincinnati Bearcats Basketball team suffered their first Big East loss of the season facing #23 Pitt Panthers at 5/3 Arena on Monday night. UC had been on a four game winning streak prior to the contest where they lost 73-71. The Bearcats are now 10-4 overall and 2-1 in the Big East. Cincinnati was trailing by 6 with 26 seconds remaining and was able to claw back. After Pitt missed a free throw Cincinnati had an opportunity for a last second heave to send the game to overtime but were unable to convert.
Joe Nuxhall finalist for Ford C. Frick Award
* Former Reds broadcaster Joe Nuxhall is up for the Ford C. Frick Award by the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Nuxhall is one of the finalists selected by fans in online voting. After Nuxhall passed away in 2007 there was a large local push to propel Nuxhall to be a finalist for the award. The winner will be announced February 1st.
Aftermath of the Kentucky Louisville Matchup
* Much has been discussed about the very physical and emotional Kentucky and Louisville matchup this past weekend, particularly DeMarcus Cousins. If you were not watching Cousins and Jared Swopshire were battling for a loose ball early in the first half. At the end of the play Cousins threw a forearm at Swopshire while fighting for the ball. If you watch the replay it is very clear that DeMarcus intended to do so. The officials reviewed the play and issued technical fouls on both Swopshire and Cousins, as well as Reginald Delk who pushed Cousins after the play. The broadcasters were calling for Cousins to be ejected from the game, which did not happen.
It was clear that part of Louisville's game plan was to come out and ruffle the feathers of some of Kentucky's emotional players. Cousins plays with a lot of emotion but has to learn to keep his cool. You just cannot blatantly throw a forearm at a player. Teams now know that Cousins has a short fuse and will be coming after him at all costs. If this team wants to be elite and make an NCAA run they will need Cousins, and they will need Cousins under control.
Chad Ochocinco has MRI on left Knee
* Chad tweeted yesterday that he was having an MRI on his injured left knee, and afterward stated that "it went well." There has been no announcement from the Bengals as far as the status of Ochocino. But I would imagine if he played Sunday night he should be a go for Saturday's playoff matchup. But will he be 100%? Can we move the ball without him? Its a wait and see approach right now.
Xavier Musketeers to begin Conference Play
* The Xavier men's basketball team will begin playing their conference schedule this week on Thursday when they face La Salle. Xavier was picked to finish 2nd in the A-10 this season but hope to keep their streak of four straight regular season A-10 titles alive. Only one other team, UMass, was able to win five straight in the conference. It will be a tougher road for X this season, one of those tough matchups will be played on Sunday against George Washington.