Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cincinnati Bengals Free Agents

Here are the current Unrestricted free agents on the Bengals. Included my anaylsis on what I think should happen with each of them.

K Shayne Graham: The Bengals was worked out five kickers so far in the offseason and have signed one, Dave Rayner, to a contract. They also will be looking at Kickers in the combine. If they can agree to terms you could see Graham in camp but it is looking more and more like he will not be a Bengal. I am okay with this Graham has been one of the NFL's most accurate kickers, however if you look at his track record of big kicks not so good.

FB Jeremi Johnson: I am sure that as we are reading this Jeremi Johnson is at a Golden Corral somewhere doing his offseason workouts. Johnson has been an effective fullback for the Bengals throughout the years but I think his time has come to part ways. I really wish the Bengals would have held on to Chris Pressley from Wisconsin. I expect them to take a look at some different options at fullback.

RB Larry Johnson: Johnson was a cheap experiment that worked out for Cincinnati. He was productive when they used him but they found that they really didn't need to use him that much. With Cedric Benson signed up I think Johnson will be looking for a little more than what we can give him. However, if the waters of free agency are not good to Johnson he may be willing to take a smaller contract to come back.

DT Tank Johnson: Tank gave us some good games last year, but with some youth at that position on the roster I would expect Cincinnati to stick with the young kids and let Johnson find a spot in the league somewhere where he can play more often.

TE Reggie Kelly: Reggie is a locker room favorite in Cincinnati, and coming off of an injury season he would more than likely not bring a lot of interest in free agency. I expect the Bengals to offer Reggie a contract and have him help the young TE's for at least one more season.

DT Shaun Smith: Smith was a midseason pickup for us to help fill some holes due to injury. I don't expect Smith to come back unless it is for a one year cheap deal.

OG Bobbie Williams: This is the most interesting free agent to keep an eye on in my opinion. Williams is the veteran on an offensive line of mainly inexperienced players. He has been a mainstay in this line and has been very productive the past few seasons. I think this all depends on how much money Williams is looking for. If he wants that blockbuster contract I am not sure he will get it.

S Roy Williams: Injury kept Roy off of the field for most of the season. While he was out the Bengals filled the hole with Ndukwe who did a fine job. If Roy is willing to take a cheap one year deal you may see him back. But I would not bet much money on that. He is very close with Zimmer though and that may motivate him to stay with Cincinnati.

No comments: