Thursday, November 5, 2009

Empire Strikes Back

I hate the Yankees. I hate the Yankees for the same reason that everyone else hates the Yankees, they are perennial winners. They have 27 World Series championships, and the scary thing is they have more money than any other team and the resources to go out and buy another one. I have never really understood where my hatred comes from for the Bronx Bombers. I am a huge fan of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, two of my favorite players from the past. I love the city of New York, and as a history nerd you have to respect the fact that they have been able to be so good for so long. The only good thing about the Yankee's winning the title is the fact that Jerry Hairston Jr. was able to get a ring. Congrats Jerry.
New York Yankees Jerry Hairston Jr.reacts after scoring the winning run in the 13th inning against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in game 2 of the ALCS at Yankee Stadium in New York

1 comment:

Wojo said...

Nothing like their top 4 in the lineup making more than the Reds payroll combined.