Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chris Henry

Pittsburgh Steelers v Cincinnati Bengals
I am not a news source so I don't have any updates on the situation but I can offer a quick synopisis of what I know and offer opinion on the situation. As you may know by now Bengals Wide Receiver Chris Henry was involved in an accident in Charlotte, NC yesterday afternoon. Allegedly Henry was having a domestic dispute with his fiance Loleini Tonga. Tonga was pulling away in Henry's truck when Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup. Chris was thrown from the truck and has suffered severe life threatening injuries. Henry is currently on life support at the Carolinas Medical Center.

Football is on the back burner right now for Henry as he is just fighting to stay alive. He has suffered major head trauma and if he can hold on and come out of this I would venture to speculate that he would never be able to play football again. Henry of course has led a tragic life, most at the hands of his own doing. But it seemed as if Chris had turned the corner and cleaned himself up. I think most in the city were cautiously optimistic that Henry had made a good life for himself and battled through adversity. We may never know the details or what caused this tragic accident. But I will say a couple of extra prayers for him as I hope he is able to walk away from this situation.

No comments: