Saturday, August 1, 2009

Reds Trades

First off, I really don't like the deal that the Reds have made with Toronto. The Reds trade Edwin Encarnacion, Josh Roenicke, and Zach Stewart to the Blue Jays for Third Base veteran Scott Rolen. I like the acquisition of Rolen, and don't all together mind losing Encarnacion. But I HATE losing Roenicke, and Stewart was one of the Reds best prospect arms, with only two seasons in the minors. Rolen, a fourteen year veteran, has a lifetime .287 batting average and will step into this team as perhaps the second best hitter. I imagine that you will hear a lot about how he will be the good clubhouse guy and the veteran this team needs. But how long will it take him to get the respect from the clubhouse? I just don't like it. Why are dumping youth for veterans? Sure Edwin's contract was too big, but Rolen's is bigger. I hope that they prove me wrong.

No comments: