* The Houston Texans came into Paul Brown stadium and put on the type of offensive display that the Cincinnati Bengals offense has the potential to be, racking up 472 yards of offense. Shaub looked like Carson Palmer of 2005. I think the Bengals offense could be like just as good. Palmer is just as good as Shaub, Ochocino is upper echelon similar to Andre Johnson, our 2-4 receivers are much better, and Benson can be as good as Slaton was yesterday. The Bengals should pay attention to this Houston offense.
* Injuries are starting to pile up on the Defense. Yesterday it appears that we lost Atwan Odom for the season with a torn Achilles. Domata Peko is waiting on MRI results on his knee. With those two down yesterday and Frostee Rucker and Roy Williams inactive for the game we may need to start getting worried.
* I am not going to get too down on this team just yet because this isnt the team that is going to win every game. This game did show me some concerns. Either way the Bengals have found themselves in the drivers seat but in order to stay there they will need to fix alot about themselves.
* Cedric Benson just couldn't seem to get it going yesterday. The NFL's leading rusher coming into the game yesterday only managed to rack up 44 yards on the ground.
* Once again I asked myself, where is Chris Henry? Not that Henry is taking himself out of plays. He only had 1 catch for 20 yards and I believe he was only targeted 3 times. Meanwhile Andre Caldwell appears to be the new TJ Houshmanzadeh. Caldwell has filled the roll as slot receiver very well and racked up 6 receptions for 57 yards.
* After shutting down #1 receiver Derrick Mason last week, the Bengals secondary allowed Andre Johnson to grab 8 receptions for 135 yards.
* The long snapping looked crisp on both punts and field goals. Hopefully that will be the last we discuss the long snapper.
* Houston pretty much controlled the game by keeping their offense on the field. Houston managed 73 offensive plays to Cincinnati's 53.
* Really is was the pass defense that hurt us yesterday. The Texans ran 31 run plays that gained 87 yards on the ground. Meanwhile their passing game 28-40 for 385 yards.