Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Derrick Brown Will Sign with Agent, Enter NBA Draft

Various media outlets, including FOX Sports, are reporting that Derrick Brown will sign with an agent and enter the NBA Draft. It's said that Brown will sign with agent Bill Duffy. So far Brown has worked out for Cleveland, Detroit and Chicago and I could see him landing with the Cavs at the 30th pick in the 1st round.

Brown was quoted in a recent interview as saying, "I'm in the draft. I'm not even thinking about anything other than that. I loved my time at Xavier, but I'm ready to move onto a new era."

Am I surprised that Brown is leaving.....no. If you would've told me that he was going to enter the draft following the season I would've thought otherwise. I think Miller leaving and his current draft status as a late first-round pick has played a big part in him deciding to jump to the NBA. Unlike last year, the Muskies will now be dependent on there guard play and won't have much depth in the post. Jamel McLean will need to step up as he will play power forward along with Love and Frease splitting time at center. Xavier has now lost four forwards, two to graduation in B.J. Raymond and C.J. Anderson, Brown, and Sean Miller recruit and now Arizona bound Kevin Parrom.

No comments: