Friday, June 19, 2009

Bengals Mini-Camp

With the Bengals Mini-Camp opening this week I think there are a lot of positive swirling around this team right now. Carson Palmer seems to be fully recovered from all injuries and coming into his seventh season with the Bengals feeling good and ready to bring this team back to the Playoffs. I know that we have heard that every year from Palmer but I do think this year will be different.

Also, don't forget about Chad. As much as everyone wants to criticize Ochocino at least he is here in Mini-camp and appears to be committed to working with Palmer and improving on a terrible 2008 campaign. Chad knows that he must step up this season and has the opportunity to with Houshmanzadeh leaving in the off season. Palmer will more than likely focus on increasing opportunities for Ochocino.

Position battles on the Offensive Line, and Defense will be interesting this season. We added some depth to an already strong defense where some young players will step up to compete for a starting job. Rey Malualuga will be competing with Rashad Jeanty for a starting role at LB and should have a good shot as long as he progresses.

I am going to say the same thing about this team that I do every year. I like them, I think they have some talent and we could make a splash.

No comments: