Well we have had one series in the books of this 2009 season and it is WAY to early to make too many judgements on this team but lets at least point out a few tid bits.
* Lets not forget that the Mets are predicted to be one of the top teams in the NL. There were a lot of Reds fans who were quick to pass judgement on our offense after opening day but let us not forget we had the pleasure of facing Johan Santana that day, not an easy task. Since that outing the Reds have hit the ball well, so no need to panic yet.
* Jay Bruce looks like he is pressing a little right now. I think once he gets in stride he will be fine. Not All Star type numbers but he should be very productive.
* Joey Votto will more than likely be our All Star this year. His stroke is effortless and he absolutely smashes the ball. He can hit with as much power as Dunn and has way more intangibles than Dunn could ever dream of. Not ready to put Votto in the Hall of Fame yet like some Reds fans, but could easily see him pushing 40 Home Runs and 100 RBI's this season all while offering solid defense at first.
* Out of Harang, Volquez, and Arroyo Aaron Harang has given us the best outing thus far. Harang was the pitcher who a lot of Reds fans worry about. Volquez will need to work on lowering that pitch count, once again he threw a lot of pitches early in the game. Arroyo was just Arroyo, he is not a true #3 pitcher more like #5. He got the only W so far so hard to complain too much.
* Outside of a rough outing from Herrara and Lincoln the bullpen has been absolutely lights out. Cordero came out today and got three K's to get the save. Arthur Rhodes has pitched phenomenal thus far. The bullpen is stacked and will help us win some ball games this year.
* Left side of the infield has been less than impressive so far. Edwin is starting the season 1-7, we will need a lot more offense out of him to justify having him on the field cause he ain't winning any Gold Gloves anytime soon. Gonzalez is 0-6 starting the season, he is not expected to hit the ball but is also expected to do it with the glove and had a critical error on Wednesday night. Hopefully they can both get something going.